Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A new project in the works!

I haven't posted on my author page lately.  Sorry about that, but I try to save posts on here for things pertinent to my writing (or writing in general), publishing, appearances, etc.

Well, after more than a year's searching, I finally found the songwriter responsible for "Jesus Saves" performed by Hannah Blaylock and Eden's Edge waaaaaay before they were famous (or on the verge of stardom!!).  Last Fall during the 2010 NaNoWriMo, I started a story based on the song, but wanted to be sure I had his okay before moving toward publication.

Today, Steve Smith gave his okay and I hope to have the new story ready for this year's Gathering of Authors in Texarkana!  This is my first "derivative work" venture and I am very excited to bring the characters from the song into life through the stories of their lives!

Thanks so much to Mr. Smith!

No comments:

Post a Comment