Friday, October 22, 2010

T-Minus one day

When I think about the "Gathering of Authors" taking place tomorrow (Saturday, Oct 23), my heart starts racing, I get a hollow feeling in the pit of my stomach, and my head spins a little.  I am nervous about my first outing as a published author.

I'm mainly nervous because I have no idea what to expect.  Will there be a hundred people there? Five hundred? Maybe the 25 authors and their families only?  Which is better? Which is worse?  I have no idea.  What if I forget the names of people who want a signed book?  I mean like if a lifelong friend comes in, and I am so nervous I forget their name!?  Does that even happen?

I did find out that there is no formal speaking to take place.  Too many authors and not enough time to give everyone a chance to speak.  So, we are allowed to speak during a "lull" if we'd like.  Will I recognize a lull when I see it?  Even if I do, will I even WANT to get up and speak!?

What if I don't sell any books?  What if I sell out of them!?  Does that even happen?

I understand there is a write-up in the area's local paper about the event.  That is cool!  In fact, I found the online version of the article: http://www.texarkanagazette.com/news/accent/2010/10/22/gathering-showcases-local-regional-autho-65.php

I'm not mentioned by name, and I don't know if I feel good about it or if I'm hurt.  Yeah, not feeling too hurt about it. LOL.  I'll let ya know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment