Saturday, November 13, 2010

iBookstore Availability!

Thanks to my 8-year old daughter, I discovered that my debut novel, "Summer Breaks," is available through the iTunes bookstore!  I had applied for the book to be published through iBookstore via Lulu's publishing offering.  They (Lulu) were supposed to notify me when the approval came through.  I knew it would take 4-6 weeks to go through the process.  I waited.  And then I waited some more.  And, waited even longer.  I never heard anything back from Lulu, so I assumed my book had been declined for whatever reason.

Well, last night (Friday), my daughter was checking on various books and their availability.  She asked, "Is your book on here, Daddy?"  I told her I didn't think so, but that I had applied for it to be listed.  Not to be deterred by such trivial jibberish, she started typing, "Summer B"  She didn't have to type anything else.  Only one book showed up at that point: Summer Breaks.  My book!  Whoa! 

To top that off, it had actually been downloaded twice already!  Now, I have no idea when it went into the library of offerings, but the fact it was there and TWO people bought it is a great feeling!  Oh sure, it's not on par with, say, Stephen King or Barbara Kingsolver, but everyone has to start somewhere!

I don't know who bought the books, but I want to THANK YOU for your support and feedback on the novel!  Guess I better get to writing the follow-up!

No comments:

Post a Comment