Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A very late start

Inspiration comes from very strange places in very strange ways, sometimes.  I began the month excited about NaNoWriMo and getting the follow-up novel to "Summer Breaks" out there.  And then the wall hit me.  I couldn't write, didn't want to write, didn't even care to write. 

And then, I came home early from work, feeling sick.  I took some medication, took a nap, and woke up with a story in my heart.  It was time.  In my medicated state, still not feeling 100%,  I began typing.  I simply let the words travel where they wanted. 

I'd love to say that I churned out 10,000 words in one sitting, but that didn't happen.  I did manage to write about 2,000 words though.  Considering my very slow start, I count that as a blessing.  I still have a way to go to reach the 50,000 mark, but I think I've at least kicked a few bricks out of the writer's block wall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment