Monday, November 29, 2010

NaNo NoWri NoMo

I ended NaNoWriMo this year with about 13000 words.  That's really not even close to 50,000.  I have only myself to blame.  This year, I just couldn't find the groove or the want-to that would push my writing to the next level. 

I can only imagine what other writers go through when they set their hearts on something and fall well short of the goal.  For me, it is more than a bit heartbreaking.  On the upside, I have managed to start a story based on a song written by Steven Smith, sung by Eden's Edge, "Jesus Saves."  I am calling the story "Where Main and Maple Meet."  It's the story of three lives connected by memories of growing up in a little house "somewhere down the street, where Main and Maple meet.  A sign outside that just says 'Jesus Saves'."

Now, it's on to whatever life brings in the next phase of my writing journey.  Thanks for tagging along!

No comments:

Post a Comment